First stab at 9.0 release announcement - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject First stab at 9.0 release announcement
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
All,

Here's the beginning of drafting the release announcement.  Note that
the lists of features will change after I get the results of the survey,
but I didn't have in mind to change the basic format.

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/90ReleaseDraft

In general, I don't feel a need for a lot of hyperbole.  I think the
huge number of major features speak for themselves.   So I'd rather
focus on features and quotes.

Feedback by the marketing geeks (Rob, Sean?) especially wanted.

--
                                   -- Josh Berkus
                                      PostgreSQL Experts Inc.