Re: Re: Moving a live production database to different server and postgres release - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Raymond O'Donnell
Subject Re: Re: Moving a live production database to different server and postgres release
Date
List pgsql-general
On 14/06/2010 14:09, Ulas Albayrak wrote:

> After your post I had a look at Slony-I, which, according to it web
> page, requires postgres 8.3 or later, so I guess that won't work. That
> leaves Bucardo: will it work on a Windows system?

AIUI, the Slony-I 2.x branch requires PG 8.3+, but the 1.x branch ill
work perfectly fine on 8.2 and lower.

This is because 1.x messes with the system catalogues and strange ways,
whereas changes in PG 8.3 made this unnecessary.

HTH,

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland