Re: Patch to show individual statement latencies in pgbench output - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: Patch to show individual statement latencies in pgbench output
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Florian Pflug wrote:
> To be able to asses the performance characteristics of the different wal-related options, I patched pgbench to show
theaverage latency of each individual statement. The idea is to be able to compare the latency of the COMMIT with the
onesof the other statements.

That's an interesting idea, particularly given that people don't really
understand where the time is going in the standard pgbench test.  Your
first bit of review feedback is that this would have to be something you
could toggle on and off, there's no way most people want to pay this
penalty.  If you submit a new patch with a command line option to enable
this alternate logging format and add the result to
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/commitfest_view?id=6 , you can
put my name down as a reviewer and I'll take a deeper look at it as part
of that.