Re: forgot password to postgresql - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: forgot password to postgresql
Date
List pgadmin-support
Le 05/06/2010 14:54, Phil Stepanov a écrit :
> Hello. Help me please. I can not log in to my database using pgadmin
> III. The program require a password. I unfortunately forgot it. How can
> I restore it or somewhere to see?

You cannot see it. You need to connect to your database to change it.
So, the simplest way is to change the authentication method with trust.
Then connect to the database, change your password with the ALTER USER
statement. Then change back the authentication method.

--
Guillaumehttp://www.postgresql.frhttp://dalibo.com