Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Joachim Worringen
Subject Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables
Date
List pgsql-performance
Am 25.05.2010 11:15, schrieb Thom Brown:
> 2010/5/25 Joachim Worringen<joachim.worringen@iathh.de>:
>> And, is there anything like RAM-only tables? I really don't care whether the
>> staging data is lost on the rare event of a machine crash, or whether the
>> query crashes due to lack of memory (I make sure there's enough w/o paging)
>> - I only care about performance here.
>>
>>   Joachim
>>

> I think can create a tablespace on a ram disk, and create a table there.

True, but I think this makes the database server configuration more
complex (which is acceptable), and may add dependencies between the
server configuration and the SQL statements for the selection of
tablespace name (which would be a problem)?

But I am a tablespace-novice and will look into this "workaround".

  thanks, Joachim