Re: Best starter book - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Donn Washburn
Subject Re: Best starter book
Date
Re: Best starter book  (Andreas <maps.on@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-novice
This is an example of the problem.

I went to http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/ and started
looking at everything until  /tutorial-createdb.html.  Where it states
createdb.

I get as a (system user)donn@m1l-suse:~> createdb mydb
createdb: could not connect to database postgres: FATAL:  Ident
authentication failed for user "donn"

The attached file show postmaster is working.  I assume this is a
security/ issue with a lack of password.  Or maybe a /etc/groups problem

--
73 de Donn Washburn
307 Savoy Street     Email:" n5xwb@comcast.net "
Sugar Land, TX 77478 LL# 1.281.242.3256