Re: old server, new server, same performance - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Piotr Legiecki
Subject Re: old server, new server, same performance
Date
List pgsql-performance
Scott Marlowe pisze:

> Is one connecting via SSL?  Is this a simple flat switched network, or
> are these machines on different segments connected via routers?

SSL is disabled.
It is switched network, all tested computers are in the same segment.

Finally I have switched the production database from old server to new
one and strange things happened. The same query on new server I have
used before with 30sec results now runs about 9 sec (so the same time as
the old production server). Hm...

Is it possible that database under some load performs better because it
makes some something that database  not used is not doing?

P.