Re: BUG #5463: incorrect password when downloading/installing - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: BUG #5463: incorrect password when downloading/installing
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 19/05/10 09:40, David Orr wrote:

> Now, when I try and install postgreSQL (either 8.3.11 or 8.4.4) it says I am
> using the wrong password and the instalation fails. The only password I have
> ever used for both 8.3.11 and 8.4.4 is "dbpass". But it's not working when I
> instal the program. I have never changed the password to anything else and
> I'm not sure what's happening and why I can't instal the program.

This isn't really a bug (unless maybe it was in the installer) ... but
anyway, to get it to install you can probably just delete the `postgres'
user account. Do so through Control Panel -> Administrative Tools ->
Computer Management.

--
Craig Ringer

Tech-related writing: http://soapyfrogs.blogspot.com/