Re: peer-to-peer replication with Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: peer-to-peer replication with Postgres
Date
List pgsql-general
On 10/05/10 23:20, Vick Khera wrote:
> On Sat, May 8, 2010 at 12:12 AM, Mike Christensen <mike@kitchenpc.com> wrote:
>> What's the best way to do this?  Looks like something like pgPool
>> might be what I want, but I haven't looked into it deeply yet.
>
> I don't think your requirement and postgres are consistent with each
> other.

Seconded. I think the OP needs to look into "eventually consistent"
horizontally-scalable databases that're designed for this use - but
don't usually offer an SQL interface or ACID semantics.

--
Craig Ringer

Tech-related writing: http://soapyfrogs.blogspot.com/