Re: pg_migrator to /contrib in a later 9.0 beta - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jesper Krogh
Subject Re: pg_migrator to /contrib in a later 9.0 beta
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2010-05-03 23:09, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Robert Haas wrote:
>
>> On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 3:45 PM, Dimitri Fontaine<dfontaine@hi-media.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> Now you tell me how awful this idea really is :)
>>>
>> I'm not sure I can count that high.  :-)
>>
> While I can't improve on Robert's reply, I can supply a PDF about how
> pg_migrator works:
>
>     http://momjian.us/main/presentations/technical.html#pg_migrator

There is a huge amount of users to whom pg_migrator is "at least"
a big a feature as HS+SR is.

Last dump/restore was a 24 hours process in one of our installations.
I think it was due to in-efficiency in handling BYTEA types in the
process (but not sure).

But I'm one of the few guys who seem to have an infinite amount of
time for reading on mailing lists, but without my knowledge from
reading this list I would never have run pg_migrator on my production
data if I had to pick it from pg_foundry.

Just my 0.25€

Jesper
--
Jesper