Mailing list archives (was Re: [HACKERS] mailing list archiver chewing patches) - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Matteo Beccati
Subject Mailing list archives (was Re: [HACKERS] mailing list archiver chewing patches)
Date
List pgsql-www
Hi everyone,

(moving the old -hackers thread to pgsql-www as it's more relevant)

I'm sorry but since I last posted an update on -hackers, I haven't had
time to keep working on the proof of concept of the new mailing list
archive.

For those not involved in the previous thread it is a small app built on
top of archiveopterix (AOX), that has full thread support and can
display the archives by using some fancy JS but also being search engine
and non-JS friendly.

The logic is entirely on the database (will apart AOX itself) and the UI
was built using PHP and symfony, thus it will need to be ported to
python/django at some point.

I've been approached by Alvaro and we were finally able to discuss about
the project. I think we've been able to make some progress understating
how we can integrate the new archive with majordomo. He was kind enough
to volunteer for reviewing the current code, and I will shortly provide
all the information required for him to begin.

Now, my biggest concern is... will someone step in for porting the app
to the new website framework?

I just subscribed to -www, so I don't know what's the status of the new
website and I don't know how urgent the overhaul of the archives is, but
I'd really love to have some feedback on this before Alvaro and I put
some more effort in it.

Cheers
--
Matteo Beccati