Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Make CheckRequiredParameterValues() depend upon correct - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Make CheckRequiredParameterValues() depend upon correct
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Simon Riggs wrote:
> What Heikki hasn't said is that setting max_prepared_transactions
> incorrectly has always caused a fatal error at failover, and still does
> so now when HS is disabled.

Hmm, good point. That should probably be documented somewhere. Now that
we WAL-log the max_prepared_xacts value, I suppose we could throw a
WARNING too.

> If these concerns were real ones, then that
> situation would not have existed for years and would not still do so.

There's very few people using two-phase commit out there, and even less
so in a standby configuration. I wouldn't draw any conclusions from that.