Re: s/recovery_connections/allow_standby_queries/, or something like that? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: s/recovery_connections/allow_standby_queries/, or something like that?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> It is easy to think that this is a parameter that needs to be
> turned on in the master to allow standby slaves to connect to it.
> I think a different name would help.
Yeah, I had to double-check because the current name wasn't, in
itself, unambiguous.  We'd be sure to get many posts from confused
users on this if we don't rename it.
> The best idea I can come up with on the spur of the moment is
> "allow_standby_queries", but I'm not sure that can't be improved
> on.
That seems clear and self-explanatory to me.
-Kevin