Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Make CheckRequiredParameterValues() depend upon correct - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Make CheckRequiredParameterValues() depend upon correct
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com> wrote:
> Which is what everybody has requested.
You continue to use the term "everybody" rather loosely.
I don't begrudge people features they want, even when *I* don't need
them; but please don't take my lack of argument against adding this
feature as a silent request for it.  SR has a place in our shop,
especially if it can create traditional WAL file segments on the
receiving end. (I understand that will not be a built-in feature for
9.0, but perhaps there will be a pgfoundry project or some such.) HS
is no use to us, and I would rather not pay a performance penalty or
take the risks of exercising complex new code paths because others
need it.
-Kevin