Re: testing HS/SR - 1 vs 2 performance - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: testing HS/SR - 1 vs 2 performance
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Erik Rijkers wrote:
> This is the same behaviour (i.e. extreme slow standby) that I saw earlier (and which caused the
> original post, btw).  In that earlier instance, the extreme slowness disappeared later, after many
> hours maybe even days (without bouncing either primary or standby).

Any possibility the standby is built with assertions turned out?  That's
often the cause of this type of difference between pgbench results on
two systems, which easy to introduce when everyone is building from
source.  You should try this on both systems:

psql -c "show debug_assertions"

just to rule that out.