Re: pgAdmin3.app size? - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From OpenMacNews
Subject Re: pgAdmin3.app size?
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
hi,

> Ok, so it definitly is the missing "stripping phase" ;-)))
>
>> stripping would/should only occur then in a 'disable-debug' mode,
>> correct? or am i misunderstanding?
>>
>> is it worthwhile to y'all for me to re-build wxwidgets AND pgadmin w/
>> debug OFF and see what happens?

> If you have the time, it would be great. If you rebuild from scratch anyway,
> please use the latest patch from www.phlo.org. The bundle is now named
> pgAdmin3.app (to please Dave ;-) ), and I'd like this version of the patch
> to be committed to cvs. I you manage to test it first, I'd be gratefull.

ok, i'll start from scratch on both wxwidgets & pgadmin3 ... good excuse to go
get a margarita, anyway.

>> what build scenario is typically being tested here?  wxwidgets & pgadmin
>> both static, both shared, etc?
> I compiled wxwindows as shared lib, since there were some wx-mac bugs until
> about
> 15 minutes ago, which I wanted to be able to debug... Some kind fellow
> from wx-dev provided a fix today, and the other problem was fixed a few days
> ago.
>
> I don't know of any other wx bugs influencing pgadmin, so I might switch back
> a static lib...

ok.

so, i'll build both from HEAD, static, debug off, with your newset patch ...

and will report back when all's done.

cheers,

richard