Re: Virtual Private Database - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Virtual Private Database
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 4/10/10 7:00 AM, Jean-Gérard Pailloncy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> 1) VPD: Virtual Private Database
> I would appreciate to have a new feature in PostgreSQL.
> This is an oracle-like feature that implement "Row Level Security".
> This feature may be emulated by using VIEW/RULE but this is very time
> consuming and error prone.
>
> I would appreciated to have an estimated of the faisability and the cost
> to implement it.

See the Veil project, and the SEPostgres project:
http://veil.projects.postgresql.org/
http://code.google.com/p/sepgsql/

--                                  -- Josh Berkus                                    PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
                        http://www.pgexperts.com