Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Check compulsory parameters in recovery.conf in standby_mode, per - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Check compulsory parameters in recovery.conf in standby_mode, per
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Simon Riggs wrote:
> I am very disconcerted that there are still no docs whatsoever to
> describe how the server works in these new modes.

I did add a few paragraphs last week, see
http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/warm-standby.html#STANDBY-SERVER-OPERATION.
It doesn't explicitly talk about that configuration where both
primary_conninfo and restore_command are missing (or misconfigured), but
it does say that it polls pg_xlog. How does that read to you?