Re: Missing non-login roles in properties dialog - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: Missing non-login roles in properties dialog
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Le 04/04/2010 22:35, Erwin Brandstetter a écrit :
> On 04.04.2010 22:10, guillaume@lelarge.info wrote:
>> Le 04/04/2010 21:39, Erwin Brandstetter a écrit :
>>
>>> Hi developers!
>>>
>>> Seeing as Guillaume is on a roll, fixing bugs faster than I can open new
>>> tickets, I have found one more, in a feeble attempt to keep up.
>>>
>> Thanks :)
>>

>>> Group roles are missing for the "Owner" field of properties dialogs.
>>>
>> You probably forgot the "Show users for privileges" preference in the
>> Options dialog.
>>

> Nope, I don't think we will get away that easily. :p
> I had that option checked, and it works the other way round, too: user
> (login) roles are added to the drop-down "Role", "Privileges" tab.
> The new bug concerns missing group (non-login) roles in the "Owner"
> field, "Properties"-tab.

You're definitely right. Next time, I'll read more carefully your bug
report :/

Anyways, here is a patch to fix this. Do we need an option to
enable/disable this behaviour? I think not, but, as we have one for
priviledges, prefer to ask first before commiting it.

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org

Attachment