SAN performance - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Anjan Dave
Subject SAN performance
Date
List pgsql-performance

Hello,

I’ll be moving a DB from internal RAID-10 SCSI storage to an EMC CX300 FC RAID-10 LUN, bound to the host. I’ve setup a test host machine and a test LUN. The /var/lib/pgsql/data folder is sym-linked to a partition on the LUN.

Other than the shared_buffers, effective cache size, and sort memory, I am not sure if I need to change any other parameters in the postgresql.conf file for getting maximum performance from the EMC box.

Is there a general guideline for setting up postgres database and the tunable parameters on a SAN, especially for EMC?

Appreciate any help,

Thanks,
Anjan