Re: Bug report / feature enhancement - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: Bug report / feature enhancement
Date
List pgadmin-support
Le 21/03/2010 15:24, Melvin Davidson a écrit :
> I am using pgAdmin 1.10.0, however neither
>  the version nor the O/S relevant.
>
> Up until, and including the
> current version, pgAdmin expects the format for the postgresql
> log_filename to be 'postgresql-%Y-%m-%d_%H%M%S.log'. However, most
> companies I have worked for use the format 'postgresql-%d.log'  or
> 'postgresql-%a.log', which causes pgAdmin to not be able to locate the
> file.
>
> How hard would it be to add an option, in the General tab,
> which specifies the format for the log_filename, thus making it more
> flexible?

I don't think it should be that hard. And this is something I would like
to have too. Need some time to work on it, though :/ Won't be on next
release unless someone else works on this.

--
Guillaume.http://www.postgresqlfr.orghttp://dalibo.com