Re: Scratching my head why results are different between machines. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Justin Graf
Subject Re: Scratching my head why results are different between machines.
Date
List pgsql-general
On 3/4/2010 3:51 AM, Richard Huxton wrote:
> On 04/03/10 01:35, Craig Ringer wrote:

> Classy. Even better - according to the linked page, the 64 bit version
> is in the "System32" folder - yippee!
>
> "    * The 32-bit version of the Odbcad32.exe file is located in the
> %systemdrive%\Windows\SysWoW64 folder.
>     * The 64-bit version of the Odbcad32.exe file is located in the
> %systemdrive%\Windows\System32 folder."

Some of the naming conventions for Windows 64 suck.   SysWoW64  = System
Windows on Windows 64  where does anyone get the idea this is where the
32bit apps are stored.    Maintaining the System32 and using it to store
64 bit apps is Insane.

To pretty much anyone outside MS, a sane human would think 64 bit apps
in SysWoW64 and 32Bit apps in System32. :'(

All legitimate Magwerks Corporation quotations are sent in a .PDF file attachment with a unique ID number generated by
ourproprietary quotation system. Quotations received via any other form of communication will not be honored.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail, including attachments, may contain legally privileged, confidential or other
informationproprietary to Magwerks Corporation and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it
addresses.If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified
thatany unauthorized viewing, dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have
receivedthis e-mail in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and destroy all occurrences of this
e-mailimmediately.
Thank you.