Re: Feature request : Reindentation of code - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: Feature request : Reindentation of code
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi Florence,

Good to see you here :)

Le 02/03/2010 18:32, Cousin Florence a écrit :
> [...]
> It would be very nice to have a tool to reindent SQL queries.

I agree.

> Indeed, at work, me and my colleague often have to work on queries that
> we extract from Java code or PL/pgSQL, in order to modify or study them.
> Most of the time, these queries are not indented, and they are often
> very complicated. So we have to manually indent them, and that can be
> very boring and time consuming.

I know. I also have to do that from time to time.

> Some complain that proprietary tools have this feature, and not pgadmin
> III.

Would be a nice feature. When your husband told me about it, I forgot to
add a ticket on this. Thansk for reminding me, this is now done:
http://code.pgadmin.org/trac/ticket/146 .

Now we just need to find someone or some time to work on it :)

--
Guillaume.http://www.postgresqlfr.orghttp://dalibo.com