Re: How to use SSH tunnels with pgAdmin? - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: How to use SSH tunnels with pgAdmin?
Date
List pgadmin-support
Le 27/02/2010 21:18, Ken Winter a écrit :
> I'm suffering from a lot of dropped connections between pgAdmin and my PG
> databases, even after very brief inactivity.
>

> Your documentation at http://www.pgadmin.org/support/faq.php#ConnDrop says:
>

> .you could use a SSH tunnel for PostgreSQL traffic. SSH can be configured to
> keep the channel open at all times, so that database traffic can be passed
> even after a prolonged period of inactivity. For information how to
> configure this, ask your SSH package's documentation for "tunneling".
>

> My problem is, I don't know how to set up pgAdmin to use my SSH package
> (PuTTY).  At least I think that's my problem.  Can you help?

BTW, we intend to work on make it easier to add SSH tunnel from
pgAdmin's UI. See http://code.pgadmin.org/trac/ticket/49. Probably not
for next release, unless you (or someone else) can work on it.

--
Guillaume.http://www.postgresqlfr.orghttp://dalibo.com