Re: Lock Wait Statistics (next commitfest) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mark Kirkwood
Subject Re: Lock Wait Statistics (next commitfest)
Date
Re: Lock Wait Statistics (next commitfest)
Re: Lock Wait Statistics (next commitfest)
List pgsql-hackers
Greg Smith wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> What happened to this patch?
>>

> Returned with feedback in October after receiving a lot of review, no
> updated version submitted since then:
>
> https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/patch_view?id=98

Hmm - I would say a bit of review rather than a lot :-)

The feeling I received from the various comments was a lukewarm level of
interest at best, so I must confess that I let other things take
precedence. Also I was after some clear feedback about whether a
separate stats utility was necessary at all given we have Dtrace support
- despite this not being available for Linux... and the only comment
dealing to this concern is from Gokul just now!

I'd also like to take the opportunity to express a little frustration
about the commitfest business - really all I wanted was the patch
*reviewed* as WIP - it seemed that in order to do that I needed to enter
it into the various commitfests... then I was faced with comments to the
effect that it was not ready for commit so should not have been entered
into a commifest at all... sigh, a bit of an enthusiasm killer I'm afraid...

regards

Mark