Re: Fw: Postgress-Crashing - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: Fw: Postgress-Crashing
Date
List pgsql-bugs
somatel.technique wrote:
> I use potgres 8.4.1   in my server turning on system sql server 2003. i have some troubles with Postgres it crash
thisis the log i had :

You should upgrade to 8.4.2. I don't know if there was any related fixes
in it, but it's trying first before spending more time debugging this.

> the log is in frensh language i can translate for you the problem , in fact the server process (PID 7744) exited with
exitcode 128 .
>  the pid is not always the 7744  every time i had a different pid. the most important thing is the code 128.
> When the problem occure , a message box appear on postgresql telling me that : An Unhandled exception occured , Press
"Abort"to terminate the prhram , "Retry" To exit the programe "
> and whatever the choice i choose , the postgress stack and i have to restart it .
> what i do in the server is that i have many windows services developped in java , and all services use the same
databasefor different purpeses
> What i have to do to resolve that problem ?

Can you narrow down what query or queries causes the crash? Can you
create a self-contained test case to reproduce the crash?

--
  Heikki Linnakangas