Re: NOTIFY/LISTEN on read-only slave? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: NOTIFY/LISTEN on read-only slave?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Greg Smith wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> The explanation is wrong, but it's still disallowed.
>>
> What's the actual reason for the restriction then?  I did a whole
> proofreading round on the HS documentation the other day and am
> working on a patch to clean up everything I found, can add better
> notes about this to it.

Will answer my own question now, from the commit log:

"There is not yet any facility for HS slaves to receive notifications
generated on the master,
although such a thing is possible in future."

I'll include that detail in the doc patch I'm working on.