Garbage character inserted at the beginning of every SQL file on OSX - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Josh Berkus
Subject Garbage character inserted at the beginning of every SQL file on OSX
Date
List pgadmin-support
All,

Version: 1.10.1
Platform: OSX 10.5
Installed From: .dmg
Severity: Major
Reproduceable: Always
Every time I create a new SQL file using the SQL editor in pgAdmin, it
inserts a non-ASCII garbage character at the very beginning of the file.This then prevents the file from running, say
throughpsql.

Sometimes it also inserts the character when I edit an existing file,
but not always.  I haven't discerned a pattern here.

The character cannot be viewed in emacs, but can be deleted.  This issue
is completely prohibitive of using the SQL editor in any kind of shared
system.

--Josh Berkus