Re: Explain buffers display units. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: Explain buffers display units.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Greg Stark wrote:
> b) Used units of memory -- I formatted them with 3 significant digits
> (unless the unit is bytes or kB where that would be silly). It's just
> what looked best to my eye.

How does this compare with what comes out of pg_size_pretty
(src/backend/utils/adt/dbsize.c)? I already have code floating around
that parses the output from pg_size_pretty when I'm slurping in things
from PostgreSQL, and it's not immediately obvious to me what having a
format that's similar to but not quite the same as that one is buying here.