Re: pg_restore --single-transaction and --clean - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: pg_restore --single-transaction and --clean
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> We try to avoid using nonstandard SQL in dumps.
>
> How often do we succeed?  It seems unlikely that our dumps would
> be restorable into any other database.
When we were running in a mixed environment we had several occasions
where it was useful to feed pg_dump --column-inserts output into
Sybase databases.  It was very nice to have that.  I think we did
sometimes have to filter it through sed to deal with BOOLEAN vs BIT
issues.
-Kevin