Re: [PERFORM] PostgreSQL - case studies

From: Kevin Grittner
Subject: Re: [PERFORM] PostgreSQL - case studies
Date: ,
List: pgsql-general

Tree view

PostgreSQL - case studies  (Jayadevan M, )
 Re: PostgreSQL - case studies  (Scott Marlowe, )
  Re: [PERFORM] PostgreSQL - case studies  ("Ing. Marcos L. Ortiz Valmaseda", )
 Re: [PERFORM] PostgreSQL - case studies  ("Kevin Grittner", )
  Re: [PERFORM] PostgreSQL - case studies  (Stephen Frost, )
   Re: [PERFORM] PostgreSQL - case studies  (David Boreham, )

Jayadevan M <> wrote:

> Could some of you please share some info on such scenarios- where
> you are supporting/designing/developing databases that run into at
> least a few hundred GBs of data (I know, that is small by todays'
> standards)?

I'm a database administrator for the Wisconsin Courts.  We've got
about 200 PostgreSQL database clusters on about 100 servers spread
across the state.  Databases range from tiny (few MB) to 1.3 TB.

Check out this for more info:

http://www.pgcon.org/2009/schedule/events/129.en.html

I hope that helps.  If you have any particular questions not
answered by the above, just ask.

-Kevin