Re: Confusion over Python drivers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: Confusion over Python drivers
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Andrew McNamara wrote:
> I got sick of the constant stream of escaping bugs impacting on psycopg
> and pyPgSQL, and wrote my own DB-API driver, using the more modern
> libpq/binary/protocol 3 APIs where ever possible. The result is BSD
> licensed:
>     http://code.google.com/p/ocpgdb/

I added you into the list at http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Python

Can you check what I put in there, confirm Windows compatibility, and
comment on Python 3.X support?

I'd be curious to hear more about the escaping bugs you ran into as
well.  We already have some notes on the TODO that pushing more of this
work toward the standard libpq routines would seem appropriate for
things passing between the driver and libpq.  Were the issues you ran
into on that side, or more on the Python side of how things were being
formatted?