Re: Controlling Server status log download - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: Controlling Server status log download
Date
List pgadmin-support
Le 06/02/2010 17:58, Raymond O'Donnell a écrit :
> On 06/02/2010 16:46, Little, Douglas wrote:
>> Is there a way to turn off the download of the log when using server status.
>> Everytime I open the status module, it downloads the entire log,  which right now is over 500meg.
>> Would be nice to cache this data to disk, or download only the last x minutes.
>
> I think it would be a better idea to get your log under control - 500Mb
> of log is rather big.... You should use logrotate or equivalent, or look
> at the log-rotation options in postgresql.conf.

Well, even if he used a 100MB, which is quite less, this is still a lot
to download. I agree with Douglas that we should at least add an option
to control this behaviour.

--
Guillaume.http://www.postgresqlfr.orghttp://dalibo.com