Re: Confusion over Python drivers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Confusion over Python drivers
Date
Re: Confusion over Python drivers
List pgsql-hackers
> I think another difference is that the Perl DBI interface is very rich,
> whereas the Python DB-API is quite minimal and almost forces people to
> write (incompatible) extensions.  The DB-SIG at Python that ought to
> drive all this is also quite dead, possibly because everyone has moved
> on to SQLAlchemy.

For people who use Python a lot, could I have a list of the deficiencies
in DBAPI?  I've got my horse and lance ready.

Given that SQLAlchemy isn't for everyone, of course ... it couldn't be,
or Django would use it, no?

--Josh Berkus