Re: testing cvs HEAD - HS/SR - cannot stat - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: testing cvs HEAD - HS/SR - cannot stat
Date
Re: testing cvs HEAD - HS/SR - cannot stat
List pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Can we improve the error message?  Right now it's alarming people.  Such as:
>
> cannot stat
> `/var/data1/pg_stuff/dump/replication_archive/000000010000000000000002':
> End of Log

Not really, it's coming from 'cp'. Not sure if we could capture the
stderr and somehow decorate the message to make it less alarming.

This isn't really a new problem, PITR has always done that, but I agree
it's always been a bit clumsy to have those messages in the log.