Re: Typos in Feature Matrix Details - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Subject Re: Typos in Feature Matrix Details
Date
List pgsql-www
Josh Kupershmidt wrote:
> Typos I noticed:
>
> 1.  http://www.postgresql.org/about/featuredetail/feature.181
>  "he" should be "the".

fixed

> 2. http://www.postgresql.org/about/featuredetail/feature.146
>  has a bunch of spurious '\' characters in the SQL

that's a bug in the interface/application actually(it is broken
input/output escaping of quotes) - I complained about that a while ago
to magnus but I guess he forgot about it...

> In general, it would be nice if all of these brief feature descriptions
> could be fleshed out a little. Even better would be links to the
> relevant wiki page or mailing list discussion. For instance, the note
> about Hot Standby:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/about/featuredetail/feature.188
>
> could include a link to the Hot Standby wiki page (
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Hot_Standby ).

Notice that this is the first release cycle I actually started tracking
new features on the feature matrix during the development cycle(well I
did before but it was hidden to the normal users). A lot of the
detailpages for the new features lack mostly because we try avoiding
linking to development versions of the docs or stuff that might change
rapidly (like some of the wiki pages).
What I usually do is once we have the release notes I do a full
copyediting pass over all of them to bring the descriptions more in line
with the "official" wording.

> If someone wants to give my user account ("schmiddy") update privs on
> those pages, I'd be happy to flesh out some of those details pages myself.

The current legecy interface to doing the updates is very very rough,
tends to crash browers and is not concurrency safe so if you have
suggestions for improvments (especially for the non 8.5a3 only features)
it seems better if you bring them up here (or send them to me) until
magnus gets the replacement infrastructure up ;)

Stefan