Re: Inserting 8MB bytea: just 25% of disk perf used? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: Inserting 8MB bytea: just 25% of disk perf used?
Date
Re: Inserting 8MB bytea: just 25% of disk perf used?
Re: Inserting 8MB bytea: just 25% of disk perf used?
List pgsql-performance
Scott Carey wrote:
> On Jan 20, 2010, at 5:32 AM, fkater@googlemail.com wrote:
>

>> In the attachement you'll find 2 screenshots perfmon34.png
>> and perfmon35.png (I hope 2x14 kb is o.k. for the mailing
>> list).

I don't think they made it to the list?  I didn't see it, presumably
Scott got a direct copy.  I'd like to get a copy and see the graphs even
if takes an off-list message.  If it's an 8.2 checkpoint issue, I know
exactly what shapes those take in terms of the disk I/O pattern.

greg@2ndQuadrant.com  www.2ndQuadrant.com