Re: MonetDB test says that PostgreSQL often has errors or missing results - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: MonetDB test says that PostgreSQL often has errors or missing results
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Actually, the report which MonetDB has published I believe is illegal.
> If they're not running it through the TPC, they can't claim it's a
> "TPCH" result.

I just resisted getting into that but now you've set me off again.
Presumably they're using the public TPC-H data and query generator
distributed by the TPC, and there's certainly plenty of other unofficial
reports of results using that floating around.  Where I think they
really crossed the line here is using that kit to produce unaudited
results, and then publishing results that included comparisons against a
competitor, which is clearly not what the TPC intends you to do here.

I'd rather refute their results than cry to the daddy TPC about it
though.  Not that I'd be upset if someone else, perhaps someone who
already has contacts within the TPC, did so.  (looking up into the air
and whistling)

greg@2ndQuadrant.com  www.2ndQuadrant.com