Re: Slow "Select count(*) ..." query on table with 60 Mio. rows - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: Slow "Select count(*) ..." query on table with 60 Mio. rows
Date
List pgsql-performance
Kevin Grittner wrote:
Greg Smith <greg@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
There's a whole list of FAQs that are documented on the wiki but
not in the main FAQ yet leftover from before the main FAQ was
hosted there. You can see them all at
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Frequently_Asked_Questions

I just haven't had time to merge those all usefully into the main
FAQ.

Well, unless you object to the way I did it, there's one down.
Should I remove it from the list of "Other FAQs" on the page you
cite?

Sure; everyone should feel free to assimilate into the main FAQ and wipe out anything on that smaller list.  Those are mainly topics where the discussion of workarounds and approaches can be much longer than standard FAQ length, so I suspect many of the answers are going to be a very brief summary with a link to longer discussion.  If you come across a really small one, we might even wipe out the original page once it's merged in.

greg@2ndQuadrant.com  www.2ndQuadrant.com