Re: BUG #5278: Postgres hangs / crashes every day - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: BUG #5278: Postgres hangs / crashes every day
Date
List pgsql-bugs
"Murali" <nmmreddy11@hotmail.com> wrote:

> PostgreSQL version: 8.0.6
> Operating system:   Windows Server 2003 Standard 32 Bit

You do realize that Windows is not a supported platform for any
release less than 8.2?

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_Release_Support_Policy

For anyone running on 8.0.x, they should be running the latest bug
fix release, which is 8.0.23.  You're missing a lot of bug fixes.

http://www.postgresql.org/

> Anti-virus is running on the system but Postgres folder is
> excluded

Many people have found it necessary to totally *uninstall*
anti-virus software to keep it from interfering with database
operations.

You should consider an upgrade to at least 8.2.15 as soon as
practicable.  I would also "harden" the machine by disabling
unnecessary services, and then uninstall the AV software.

I hope this helps.

-Kevin