Re: performance config help - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: performance config help
Date
List pgsql-performance
Matthew Wakeling <matthew@flymine.org> wrote:

>>       -Kevin
>
> It'd really help us reading your emails if you could make sure
> that it is easy to distinguish your words from words you are
> quoting. It can be very confusing reading some of your emails,
> trying to remember which bits I have seen before written by
> someone else. This is one of the few lines that I know you didn't
> write - you're a Bob, not a Kevin. A few ">" characters at the
> beginning of lines, which most mail readers will add
> automatically, make all the difference.

That took me by surprise, because outside of that one line, where
Bob apparently lost the leading character, I've been seeing his
messages properly quoted.  I went back and looked at Bob's old
messages and found that he's sending them in multiple mime formats,
text/plain with the '>' characters and the following:

--0016e6d77e63233088047ce8a128

I hadn't noticed, because I have my email reader set up to default
to text format if available.  Your reader must be looking at the
html format and not handling the this stuff:

 rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left:
1ex;"><div><d=
iv class=3D"h5">

You might want to adjust your reader.

Bob, you might want to just send plain text, to avoid such problems.

-Kevin