Re: Streaming replication status - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: Streaming replication status
Date
Re: Streaming replication status
List pgsql-hackers
Fujii Masao wrote: <blockquote cite="mid:3f0b79eb1001111959m2978c507n59fd490828aa3a8f@mail.gmail.com" type="cite"><pre
wrap="">OnMon, Jan 11, 2010 at 5:36 PM, Craig Ringer

<a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:craig@postnewspapers.com.au"><craig@postnewspapers.com.au></a>
_both_
an admin alert _and_ the ability to refresh the slave's base backup without
What feature do you specifically need as an alert? Just writing
the warning into the logfile is enough? Or need to notify by
using SNMP trap message? Though I'm not sure if this is a role
goingto want to be alerted.  Provide functions to monitor things like replication lag, like the number of segments
queuedup to feed to archive_command, and let people build their own alerting mechanism for now.  They're going to do
thatanyway, so why waste precious time here building someone that's unlikely to fit any but a very narrow use case?<br
/><br/><pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">--

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:greg@2ndQuadrant.com">greg@2ndQuadrant.com</a>  <a
class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"href="http://www.2ndQuadrant.com">www.2ndQuadrant.com</a>

</pre>