Re: Gentoo, 8,2 ---> 8.4, and /var/run/postgresql in mode 770 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: Gentoo, 8,2 ---> 8.4, and /var/run/postgresql in mode 770
Date
List pgsql-general
felix@crowfix.com wrote:
> Everything went smoothly except the permissions of the directory
> /var/run/postgresql with the domain socket .s.PGSQL.5432.  This dir
> had permissions of 770, owned by postgres.postgres, so no mere mortals
> could access it.  I have changed this to 775 and can now access it.
>
> Didn't 8.2 put these in /tmp?  Maybe this was a gentoo thing.

http://bugs.gentoo.org/236546 talks about what changed and shows the
associated warning, which I'm guessing you didn't see.  You can move it
back to /tmp if you want.

greg@2ndQuadrant.com  www.2ndQuadrant.com