Re: Streaming replication and postmaster signaling - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Subject Re: Streaming replication and postmaster signaling
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:

>> while I agree that HS is very useful without SR, I think that it's
>> mostly the well known powerusers inthe community are actively waiting
>> for HS and not so much for SR. For the typical user outside of -hackers
>> or even -general I'm not so sure about that...
>
> Well, I can state that we have plenty of clients that would be very
> interested in HS, but none that would really care if it came without
> SR. This power user knows a lot of people outside of -hackers and
> - -general and they are what I'm basing my opinion on. :)

that is more or less my point but maybe I phrased it badly :) Real
database powerusers are mostly interested in HS. THe people that are
coming from a different background or maybe MySQL are likely going to
find something that requires doing a base backup, implementing wal
shipping and installing pg_standby(or some other custom scripts) akward...

Stefan