Re: pgFoundry Download URLs - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: pgFoundry Download URLs
Date
List pgsql-www
Dave Page wrote:
> The version compatibility info was one of the things we intentionally
> left off. Why? Because after a we added a project/product to any of
> the old pages that had anything like that kind of info, the data
> invariably became out of date within a few months, and we simply
> didn't (and still do not) have the manpower to keep those sort of
> ever-changing details up to date.

You might have noted that part of the suggestion I was acting on here
included making the project maintainers responsible (and able) to keep
that info up to date.  At no point can it ever be the WWW team's
responsibility to do that sort of thing--everybody knows that won't scale.

greg@2ndQuadrant.com  www.2ndQuadrant.com