Re: How psql source code can be protected? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Raymond O'Donnell
Subject Re: How psql source code can be protected?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 06/01/2010 16:09, Marius Pitigoi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a way to protect psql source code? For example oracle has wrap
> utility.
> I want to deploy my DB on a hosting company server. But they can see my
> functions code (they have root privileges) and this is what I want to
> avoid.

I don't think there's any way of doing this. There's been a good bit of
discussion of this topic in the past - see the archives.

In any case, since your hosting people have root privileges, there
probably isn't much you can do.... :-)

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland