Re: DB is slow until DB is reloaded - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Steve Crawford
Subject Re: DB is slow until DB is reloaded
Date
List pgsql-performance
Madison Kelly wrote:

>   I wanted to get ahead of the problem, hence my question here. :)
> I've set this to run at night ('iwt' being the DB in question):
>
> su postgres -c "psql iwt -c \"VACUUM ANALYZE VERBOSE\"

And why not the vacuumdb command?:

su postgres -c "vacuumdb --analyze --verbose iwt"

But this is duct-tape and bailing-wire. You REALLY need to make sure
that autovacuum is running - you are likely to have much better results
with less pain.

Cheers,
Steve