Re: Serializable implementation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Serializable implementation
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu> wrote:
> Talking about the details of the conflict resolution algorithms
> and the benefits of serializable mode to your development
> methodology is all fantasy as long as you don't have any
> approaches to solve actually being able to detect the conflicts in
> the first place without rewriting many parts and large parts of
> the system.
Agreed.  I was hoping to keep the discussion on *this* thread
entirely off of technical issues like that.  I'll start specific
threads on specific technical issues as needed.  This will all turn
into a horribly opaque jumble if we mix it all up on one thread.
-Kevin