Re: Possible causes for database corruption and solutions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ron Mayer
Subject Re: Possible causes for database corruption and solutions
Date
List pgsql-general
Craig Ringer wrote:
> On 16/12/2009 9:07 AM, Scott Marlowe wrote:
>> I'd also recommend moving off of OSX as you're using a minority OS as
>> far as databases are concerned, and you won't have a very large
>> community to help out when things do go wrong
>
> It sounds like PostgreSQL is being used as a DB bundled with an app -
> not quite embedded, but as close as Pg gets. ...
> For what its worth, there are clearly a fair few Mac OS X users of Pg
> out there...the things they ask about don't suggest to me that
> Mac OS X is a particularly untrustworthy platform for running Pg on.

Not to mention that Apple seems to use postgres bundled in some of
their high-end software:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1648
http://www.apple.com/finalcutserver/
http://www.devworld.apple.com/appleapplications/ardsql.html

If postgres had any significant trouble running on OSX, I'm confidant
Apple would love to hear about it and do something about it very quickly.