Re: Hot Standby, release candidate? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: Hot Standby, release candidate?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Simon Riggs wrote: <blockquote cite="mid:1260835410.1955.2845.camel@ebony" type="cite"><pre wrap="">On Mon, 2009-12-14
review.Josh and I

had discussed the value of getting patch into Alpha3, so that was my
wish and aim.

I'm not aware of any particular date for end of commitfest, though
fromthe 15th to the 15th of next

month, but the CF manager may choose to vary that.

FWIW, the alpha release manager may also vary the release timeline of
I'm hoping that the alpha release manager can wait until Wednesday,
please.  </pre></blockquote> At this point we've got 5 small to medium sized patches in the "Ready for Committer"
queue. Maybe that gets all done on Tuesday, maybe it slips to Wednesday or later.  It's not like a bell goes off
tomorrowand we're done; there's probably going to be just a little slip here.<br /><br /> In any case, it's certainly
notthe case that this is all done right now such that the alpha gets packed on Tuesday just because it's the 15th.  It
soundslike the worst case is that alpha would have to wait a day for Hot Standby to be finally committed, which seems
wellworth doing if it means HS gets that much more testing on it.  It would be a help to eliminate the merge conflict
issuesfor the Streaming Replication team by giving them only one code base to worry about merges against.  And on the
PRside, announcing HS as hitting core and available in the alpha is huge.<br /><br /><pre class="moz-signature"
cols="72">--

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:greg@2ndQuadrant.com">greg@2ndQuadrant.com</a>  <a
class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"href="http://www.2ndQuadrant.com">www.2ndQuadrant.com</a>

</pre>